Lighting design for Christmas Front doors
TOP TIPS FOR CREATIVE WAYS TO LIGHT YOUR FRONT DOOR AT CHRISTMAS
Lighting Designer Sally Stephenson gives us her 5 top tips for lighting front doors at Christmas
At this time of year a house should look welcoming and warm, and the place to start is the front door. With some careful design and planning Owl Lighting can make an entrance look spectacular all year round (and avoid stubbed toes).
Sally Stephenson, a lighting designer with experience of over 300 residential projects reveals her 5 top tips for lighting houses and gardens:
- Lighting should look as good during the day as at night so choose the perfect light fittings to suit the style of your house – whether classic carriage lanterns or chic and minimal pillar lights.
2. Consider lighting the path to your front door to guide guests all the way from gate to door.
3. If you’ve got a front garden you can create beautiful effects with spike lights in amongst the planting – hidden light creates a discreet wash of light onto paths.
4. You can use motion sensors to operate your decorative lighting – which will automatically turn on the lights as guests approach, to light the way safely and subtly.
5. Finally, garden lighting design can be as simple as tea lights in jam jars or involve a complete lighting scheme – but whichever you choose be creative and have fun.
Father Christmas may well shun the chimney this year for the front door instead …..