Owl Lighting is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement. Cookies may be used and using this website provides acceptance.
Owl Lighting may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 1st September 2010.
What we collectWe may collect the following information:
- name and job title
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Links to other websitesOur website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
ou may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Under data protection law, you have the right to access, update, delete or restrict the processing of any personal data we hold about you. We will retain your personal data for the period necessary to fulfil your needs in relation to Owl Lighting, unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law.
If you wish to update, delete or restrict any of the personal data we hold about you, please email email@example.com or call us on 01962 738689. We will respond to any request regarding your personal data as soon as possible and within 28 days. It is important that your personal data is kept up to date so that we can continue to provide you with information, so please let us know as soon as possible if any of your personal data changes.
You have the right to obtain confirmation that your personal data is being processed and obtain a copy of the personal data we are holding about you. This information is obtainable free of charge, but a reasonable fee may be charged if your request is manifestly unfounded or excessive. If you would like a copy of the personal data held on you, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 01962 738689. Information will be provided promptly and within 28 days of your request.